Friday, December 7, 2012

Extensive Application Process

So, a lot of this post is to affirm that I haven't fallen off of the Earth. past week has been kind of hectic. Monster tooth ache =[. I've been spending a lot of time looking for and calling dentists in the area. The jobs I've managed to take a look at have been way over my scope, so I didn't bother to post them.

One position that I filled out the online "interest form" is for a junior software engineer in Annapolis, so that's pretty cool. Except I don't know how you "apply" for it. I think I'd like to call them next week.

OH, duh. After a little more digging, I found the "submit resumé" option. Shouldn't be hidden ¬.¬

--Bah. More errands to run. I shall resume this later. (I'll just edit this post)--

Edit: After a lengthy process, I have managed to apply for the junior software engineer position at the ARINC office in Annapolis. Turned out to be much more difficult than I expected. What happened to a simple "Here is my resumé and cover letter"? In addition to those things, I have to fill out a summary, which essentially says all of the things I've already given them, then the standard race/gender statistics questions, which I always refuse to answer. I'm surprised I didn't have to complete one of those little competency puzzles. but it's done now and I'm off to the rest of my day.

1 comment:

  1. they probably hide the "submit resume" button just to see how good you are. You might want to apply Tom's letter to this company AND to UPS.
    Target them.

    ReplyDelete