Sunday, December 2, 2012

AmeriCorps No More

Sunny Sunday afternoon. I suggested that the fiancé and I sit down and look over AmeriCorps positions. I did it once before, maybe something would come up that would be useful.... right? Turns out, not so much.
Maryland "Technology" listings
I put in the technology prerequisite and what came back was a lot of things that just looked like someone had stuck as many 'description's stickers on the post as possible; from education, to elderly care, to technology. Most of the descriptions had nothing to do with what you'd actually be doing for that position.

AmeriCorps really need to work on their website; that's what I've learned. Many of the hits weren't even in Maryland.. which I told it to look for. Education Outreach might not be so bad if I thought it would benefit me in some way... back burner.

Now, on to idealist.org
I found a few jobs and internships, although the site won't let me sign in... very suspicious.
-The ability to control who gets admitted to John Hopkins -job-
-Help desk technician for the New IT Evangelical Initiative -job-
-IT proposal writer, just a little out of my skill set, maybe they have a "junior" version? -job-
-Work with the Pulmonary Hypertension Association to promote media -internship-
-Some global education think-tank program. unpaid do-gooder stuff. -internship-

Take care everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment