Monday, January 21, 2013

Maybe I should rent a courier van?

I had a sudden phone call Monday about how my name had come across the desk of a job placement agency. I've dealt with job placement agencies before, but they said they had a particular job in mind for me that they'd like me to come in for. I ask my boss off for work (the NEXT day) and drive the two hours to DC. When I get there they let me know that the particular job I was there about was decided I wasn't a good fit for. So I guess it's still good that now my name is on file with these people, but it was 4 hours in the car for a 15 minute meeting. We'll see.

Another contact I'd been trying to reach is still impossible. I called the desk last week (hoping to leave a message), but when I left it, no one responded. Then I called back a few days later, asked for the particular person I needed (let's call him jack) and the receptionist said she'd patch me through. The phone rang a few times and finally the machine picked up "Hello, you've reached JILL. I can't answer my phone right now blah blah blah." I left a message with the effect of "I'm looking for jack, the receptionist forwarded me to this number blah blah blah" Can't you almost hear my excitement.....

Out

No comments:

Post a Comment